Laser Hair Removal Details
Laser technology is far more effective than IPL laser hair removal. It achieves better results for most clients, and can usually be achieved in fewer sessions (between 6 and 8 sessions) compared than to IPL treatments which take between 6 and 10 sessions.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The laser emits a light which is absorbed by melanin in the hair travelling down the hair shaft destroying the hair follicle resulting in permanent hair removal and elimination of ingrown hairs. The treatment is fast and safe.
COMMON TREATMENT AREAS
Our lasers can treat most skin and hair types and can remove hair from virtually anywhere on the body, including back, stomach, underarms and bikini area. Hair types vary greatly between different people and different areas of the body. For example, finer hair is usually seen on the body compared to the legs. Thicker and courser hair requires more treatments to remove it. Although you will see hair reduction after your first treatment, most clients need between 4-8 treatments to see significant hair reduction and will require maintenance treatments every 1-2 years.
WILL I FEEL IT?
The treatment is very well tolerated in the majority of clients. We offer a ‘fast pulse’ method which is virtually pain free. Areas with darker courser hair are more uncomfortable but discomfort is reduced with each treatment as the hair gets sparser. Numbing cream is available (refer to full treatment menu) for small and medium-sized areas.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
You are likely to see a reduction in your hair growth after the first treatment but 6-8 treatments are recommended for optimal results. ‘Touch up’ sessions may be needed for sporadic hair growth every few months to a year.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
Please refer to our treatment menu for pricing. Discounts apply when multiple treatments are purchased.
HOW CAN I PREPARE FOR TREATMENT?
- Avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible 2-4 weeks leading up to your treatment
- Apply sunscreen to the treatment area (if exposed to the sun) for 4 weeks prior to your treatment
- Avoid application of fake tans at least 2 weeks prior to your treatment (the lasers look for pigment, application of fake tan can result in burns)
- Do not pluck, wax, bleach or thread the hair leading up to your laser treatment or between treatments (shaving between treatments is recommended)
- We recommend you shave 1 day prior to each treatment
- Laser hair removal is not recommended in women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Small area
- Large area
Application of numbing cream (23% lignocaine + 7% tetracaine):
- Small area (e.g. underarms)
- Medium area (e.g. Bikini area)
- 20gm tube (lasts 3 treatments for medium areas)
BEFORE AND AFTER