Silhouette Soft Threads
Silhouette soft threads is an innovative procedure that uses resorbable sutures to reposition and tighten tissue laxity in the facial and neck area. Described as the ‘lunchtime facelift’ due to the short amount of time it takes to perform the procedure and very minimal recovery time involved, with most clients going back to their daily activities the same day.
Made in the USA, silhouette soft threads have a firm track record of efficacy and safety in the USA, Asia and is currently used widely by Physicians and Surgeons around Australia. The treatment involves two processes; immediate and discreet repositioning of the tissue via absorbable sutures, and gradual (8-12 weeks) regeneration of collagen stimulated by the threads poly L-lactic acid (PLLA) coating. The production of new collagen works to soften the skin and hold the tissue in place after the thread is absorbed by the surrounding tissue.
View our Gallery for Before & After photos.
Who is suitable for the treatment?
Silhouette soft threads are recommended for men and women with mild to moderate laxity to the lower or mid face, neck or brow (approximate age range of clients is 30-60 years).
What’s involved in the treatment?
The treatment can only be performed by an experienced Cosmetic Physician/Surgeon.
- It begins by the Doctor injecting local anaesthetic into the treatment area/s to ensure your comfort is optimised during the procedure
- Entry points are made to the treated area using a needle attached to the thread (no incisions are required) and the suture (thread) is placed under the skin
- Once the suture has been applied the Doctor applies pressure to the tissue to mould, reshape and lift the tissue
- The thread is tightened and anchored and fixed and the treatment is complete
- Gradual regeneration of collagen takes place over a period of (8-12 weeks) to further tighten and soften the skin
How long does the procedure take and what is the ‘downtime’?
The procedure takes 30-60 minutes depending on how many threads are placed and the areas being treated.
You will notice small entry points where the sutures are ‘threaded’ underneath the skin, and where the threads have been ‘fixed’ (this is usually positioned in a discreet area where possible e.g. near the hairline).
You may experience a small amount of swelling and bruising that is easily coverable with make up.
Unlike other threads available on the market no ‘taping’ of the face is required and you can resume your normal daily activities right away.
How long does the treatment last?
The treatment lasts up to 18 months
Pricing is on consultation (we do not charge for consultation with our Doctors) and depends on how many threads are placed, which areas are treated, and the number of areas treated.
As a guide pricing ranges from $1800